As an employer our goal is to acquire and retain the best workforce in the industry. One way we accomplish this objective is by offering excellent compensation and benefits packages. A short summary of our compensation and benefit options is provided below.
- Quarterly safety and fuel efficiency bonus program for full-time drivers
- Paid vacations based on length of service and available after one year of service
- Holiday bonus pay program
- Weekly direct deposit
- Health Benefits – Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Extensive BlueCard PPO Network
- Wellness services to maintain good health
- Prescription benefits
- Life insurance for employee and dependents through Reliance Standard Life, hearing benefits through HearUSA and a smoking cessation program through Quitnet when enrolled in Blue Cross Blue Shield plan
- Vision Benefits Vision Service Plan (VSP)
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Additional Life Insurance for employee and spouse available through Reliance Standard Life.
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Dental Benefits – Provided through Guardian with two unique plans with one offering orthodontic benefits to employee’s dependents age 19 and under
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Healthcare & Dependent Care)
- Furnished Uniform Program
In addition to offering the options above we operate late model, well maintained, driver assigned equipment, and strive to provide our drivers with routes that fit their family and lifestyle. Home time varies by service facility but generally leads the competition.
- Must possess a Class A CDL from the state of residence.
- Must have two years verifiable experience.
- Must have no chargeable D.O.T. reportable accidents within the past three years.
- Driving/Safety record must meet FirstFleet minimum requirements.
- No felony convictions within past 10 years.
- No DUI/DWI, drug or alcohol related convictions within past 10 years.
- No careless or reckless driving convictions within past 10 years.
- The applicant must have the ability to read, write, and communicate in English, and have the ability to understand the policies and regulations of FirstFleet, the Department of Transportation, and the various state and federal agencies which regulate the transportation industry.
- Must submit a completed application form addressing each area of the form.
- Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the position they are applying for, with or without accommodation.
Note: An accident is considered to be a DOT Recordable accident if any of the following conditions exist:
- Fatality or bodily injury requiring medical treatment away from the scene.
- One or more vehicles are towed from the scene of the accident.
All applications which meet First Fleet’s minimum hiring requirements, and for which there are positions available, will be processed and a complete background investigation will be conducted. This investigation will include verification of past and present employment, a current MVR for all states in which applicant has held a license, as well as criminal and credit reports. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the applicant successfully completing a DOT physical, physical abilities testing, a DOT drug screen and a driving test.